DIY bridal – Pearl & Crystal Bouquet + Boutonnieres
Here’s an instruction on how to DIY a Pearl & Crystal Bridal Bouquet (& Boutonnieres).
(I DIY-ed this pearl Bouquet for my wedding during dec09 and ‘wow’ alot of my guests. Hope its useful to the other brides-to-bes who might wanna try something different from the usual out-of-mill fresh flowers..)
What you will need:
– 10 packs of silver wiring (This really depends on how big you want your bouquet to be. I used up 8packs. Got mine from Chinatown GoldDragon)
– Handicraft Pearls (Again depends on how big you want your bouquet to be.)
– Handicraft Crystal Beads (This can be replaces with anything else you fancy. Say Diamontes or rhinestone works well too)
– White Silk Ribbons about 3cm thick (Thicker ribbons make it easier to wrap the stems of the bouquet)
– Charm (Optional, I used the Chinese Character ‘Xi’. but it can be anything, vintage rings, swans, more crystals. up to you.)
Step 1: Twist One pearl into One Wire (see drawing – Step1)
Step 2: Keep repeating step 1 untill you get desired size of bouquet.
Step 3: Bound all the wire+Pearls together (see drawing – Step2)
Step4: Tie all the wirings up with ribbon (I had approximately 200pearlwirings + -)
Its really easy to bunch them together to form this “round mushroom shape”.
What I did was to place them ALL together in a vase and hold them tightly together.
(The outter part would naturally bend down to form the round shape. Ahh Im bad in describing it, you have to Do it to understand what I meant)
I tied the whole bunch with rubber bands and string (to secure them you see) before going around the whole thing with a thick satin Ribbon.
As for the DIY Groom Boutonnieres
Its the same thing. Just snip off the wire to about 18cm and repeat Step1. This means that the boutonniere will be about 8cm. If you want a longer Boutonnieres, just snip off less of the wiring. Hope im making sense here.
Make about 12Pearl+Wiring and tie it up with ribbon
Trim the ends and Horray you are done!
(Updated: I’m really glad this DIY Crystal-Pearl Bridal Bouquet is such an inspiration to you brides-to-be out there.. Please do add photos of your completed bouquet Here at OhDear Fan Page! (I would LOVE to see!!) Maybe include some helpful tips to other Brides out there? ;D)